Wall painting is a reliable and popular solution for repairs and finishing of a new modern apartments (or painting old house). We can make standard or structural wall painting, paint with decorative paints, paint walls in different colors, paint walls under marble, paint by machine. Now we all have a huge amount of materials for finishing of apartment, among which you can choose – the best solutions for painting walls in the apartment, house or office. All these materials are offered by the best manufacturers. To learn more about wall painting in NYC, please contact our interior painting services manager. Call us!
What can really screw up a painting entire interior of house
Most people think that they can do a job like painting walls themselves, that there is nothing complicated about it, that this job can be done by almost anyone – someone who can hold a roller or a spray gun. We want to upset you a little and try to explain that this is not the case and you need to find interior and exterior house painting company to do the job. Let’s assume that the walls are absolutely flat and made excellent! So let’s start.
- Garbage on the painted surface of the wall (or rather its particles). Most often it appears when the roller reaches the lowest part of the wall and slightly touches the floor. This is how the first dust particles appear, and then as a snowball, the result of your wall looks terrible. The conclusion is that the work should be done very carefully.
- Garbage with lint on your wall. Most often, such mistakes are left by a wrongly chosen roller. Its type is not suitable for this painting of the walls, or it is of poor quality – a cheap roller, which literally splits when touched with the wall, as a result – a terrible outcome. Conclusion – you need to understand how to choose the right roller, for a certain type of paint, you need your own type of roller.
- The uneven texture of the painted walls, paint streaks on the wall, gaps in paint – especially noticeable when looking against the sun. It is difficult to advise here, you just need to have a good work experience and feel how to work properly with the roller. The conclusion – as an option, you can train on a small corridor wall, on the walls of the balcony, or where you will have a wardrobe. But it’s better to hire interior house painting contractors.
- Non-primed wall (poorly primed) – the paint rolls down from its surface, does not lie on the wall, or does not lie down well. The result of such work will also be terrible. Conclusion – the walls must be primed with the primer recommended by the paint manufacturer, to let it dry well, and only then you can proceed to paint the walls.
- Over-primed wall – in this case, the paint does not stick to the surface, makes a kind of leaks, which can be removed only by repackaging the entire wall. The conclusion is that any work must be done correctly, without fanaticism and very carefully.
How much does interior house painting cost?
It seems that the price of wall painting is supposed to be standard. At the same time, there is another side to each task, in each room, in individual painting, there can be nuances so it can be hard to estimate. Without clarifying questions, we can’t give you an unambiguous answer on how much to charge right away, and sometimes we need to see what to do and how to do it, and only then talk about the whole house interior painting cost. If you are looking for some affordable services in NJ and area just call us!
What affects the cost of the interior house painting services?
- Number of layers, standard number of 1-2 layers.
- The geometry of the walls is even (rectangular) or has some form (trapezes, ovals, circles, ellipses). Usually we can provide you interior house painting cost per square foot.
- Availability of engineering structures of your premises (columns, ducts, pipes).
- What is the current state of the walls, prepared by them, or require improvement.
- In what conditions will work our masters, the availability of expensive furniture in the apartment, the height of the walls.
- We work during the daytime – working hours, or at night by agreement.
- Which result you want to get, standard or VIP.
What types of work we can do
- Painting the walls with a few coats of roller;
- Painting walls with spray gun – by air and airless method;
- Decorative painting of walls with a roller, sponge and spray gun;
- Different apartment painting services;
- We work with water emulsion, acrylate, structural (texture), decorative and alkyd paints.
Roller or spray gun – myths and reality
Painting the walls with a roller is absolutely as good as painting the walls with a spray gun! Then why is there a roller, and there is a spray gun, and what is better? We believe that if you have the usual painting of walls, or decorative painting of walls – it is better to do this work with a roller. Because the roller always has a minimum amount of paint consumption and a good surface finish. For 2 layers you can paint almost any wall, except for sharp-contrast painting of walls, the price for 2 layers will be less than for 4 layers. For example if you want to repaint your room from from bright blue color in light pastel color.
to your home or you’ve accumulated a list of small
repair projects, HandyKith can help.
My name is Alex. I’m a General Manager of Handykith
My name is Tim. I’m a customer success specialist
My name is Alex, and I’m a professional TV installation and furniture assembly expert.
My name is Mike. I can troubleshoot any electrical related issues.
What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
We discuss everything PRIOR starting the work. Supplies (if required) are separate. In most of the cases, we don’t charge by hourly rate, instead we provide the total price for the job.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
We provide a free consultation and estimates upfront. If customer agrees we send a handymen with required skill set and tools. If can provide all nessesary supplies if customer does not have them.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
All of my handymen, included myself, have plenty of on-the-field experience and passed required training.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
It’s a family business. I’ve started to go with my father to his gigs from high school.
At my early twenties I’ve opened my own handyman company, which I’m running successfully for over a decade.
What types of customers have you worked with?
Within last 11 years we have worked with all types of customers, but mostly we work with residential and small business customers.
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
During the last winter freezing cold season, an owner of the small kinder-garden called me on New Year Eve around midnight and said that heating system suddenly stopped working… My team disputed the holiday and day-off came to the job site on January, 1st at 10 am and fixed the problem. So, kids were able to stay in a heated rooms the next morning.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Check reviews and pictures from the job.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
All situations are different, yet generic questions are always the same: “How much?”, “How long?”, “How urgent?/When we can start?”
“Very good, professional service and friendly working progress, thanks Tim! He fixed an replaced the burst electricity outlet at my studio in less than one hour!”
“I hired this company for a project. Guys showed up on time, did an amazing job, I would definitely recommend them!”
“Alex assembled a loft bed with desk and 6 drawer dresser for me. He worked nonstop until the entire job was finished.”
“Handy Kith did a very good job. He was timely and worked efficiently. He took care of everything fast. I would use him again.”
“Alex was punctual, pleasant and helpful. He put together my dresser and then he put the tv on it, which he did not have to do. I would use them again.”
“Arrived early! Extremely professional, helpful, friendly and efficient. I would consider for any of my needs or my family. Thank you!”