HandyKith is a modern, innovative company offering furniture assembly NYC-wide. Perhaps you’ve just moved into a new apartment and ordered a brand-new dining room set, or maybe you finally decided to upgrade that old bed frame you’ve been using since college. Then it happens: heavy pieces, undecipherable IKEA instructions, and a sense of despair. Don’t worry! Contact HandyKith, and you’ll receive impeccable furniture assembly service New York residents rave about.
Our team of furniture assembly NYC handymen are professional, equipped with tools suitable for any assembly job, and experienced with all major brands including: IKEA, Wayfair, Amazon, Target, and more. We even offer furniture delivery service, installing the furniture ourselves to spare you the headache.
Our team can help with:
- IKEA Furniture Assembly Service – Our team knows all the finer details and quirks of the notoriously argument-provoking Swedish furniture from IKEA. We offer IKEA assembly service, including IKEA bed assembly service and IKEA couch assembly, so if you’re stuck for a handyman to put your IKEA furniture together, give HandyKith a call. Alongside our comprehensive IKEA installation service, we are also proud to provide an IKEA delivery and assembly service.
- Furniture Delivery NYC – HandyKith offers furniture delivery and assembly in New York and New Jersey, also extending our furniture assembly service to Long Island, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx. Our careful delivery ensures your products are intact before we assemble them on arrival.
- Basic Furniture Assembly – It doesn’t matter whether you pick it up from a fashionable independent furniture store in Manhattan or off an ad on Craigslist, we can assemble and install anything at all, from chair to cupboard and bed to wardrobe.
- Bed Assembly – All kinds of beds are available. It doesn’t matter if yours is a bunk, loft, storage, hydraulic lift, massaging double-sprung platform, or any other kind of bed – we’ll build and install it where you want it. Don’t let a bed sit their half-built while you puzzle over it. Get in touch with us, and we’ll have it ready for bedtime.
- Home Assembly Service – We come to you, so we can assemble the furniture in your home, where you need it. Doesn’t matter the type – give us a call for home furniture assembly NJ or NYC residents trust.
- Wardrobe Assembly Service – Whether it’s a standing wardrobe from IKEA or a customized walk-in closet, we’ll get the job done quickly, correctly, and according to your needs.
- Desk Assembly Service – Our team can assemble any kind of desk for a study, bedroom, or office quickly and carefully along with making any necessary height adjustments you require.
- Entertainment Center Assembly – Putting your entertainment center together can be an intimidating task, with the risk of damaging your expensive electronic appliances. We are professionals when it comes to placing hi-tech AV equipment and shelves, so let us take a load off your mind.
- Deck Furniture Assembly – Anything you need to enjoy the outdoors: deck chairs, patio tables, umbrellas – you name it, we’ll assemble it, and put it right where you need it.
- Office Furniture Assembly – We’re credentialed to handle whatever kind of furniture you need. Our team can handle office desks and chairs, conferencing equipment and furniture, cubicles, and bookcases. We’ll understand your layout and place furniture according to your specifications. For Amazon furniture assembly or any other office furniture assembly service, consider using us to get the job done quickly, carefully, and safely.
For ease-of-mind, quick assembly and an all-round reliable furniture assembly service, talk to us. For a less stress-inducing, sweat-inducing introduction to your beautiful new dresser or bed frame, give us a call, and let the handymen from HandyKith take care of the heavy-lifting. Whatever task it is, get in touch with us, and we’ll see how we can help. If you want worry-free assembly and don’t want to risk damaging your furniture by mistake, call us today. HandyKith offers furniture assembly service NYC in every borough.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
We discuss everything PRIOR starting the work. Supplies (if required) are separate. In most of the cases, we don’t charge by hourly rate, instead we provide the total price for the job.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
We provide a free consultation and estimates upfront. If customer agrees we send a handymen with required skill set and tools. If can provide all nessesary supplies if customer does not have them.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
All of my handymen, included myself, have plenty of on-the-field experience and passed required training.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
It’s a family business. I’ve started to go with my father to his gigs from high school.
At my early twenties I’ve opened my own handyman company, which I’m running successfully for over a decade.
What types of customers have you worked with?
Within last 11 years we have worked with all types of customers, but mostly we work with residential and small business customers.
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
During the last winter freezing cold season, an owner of the small kinder-garden called me on New Year Eve around midnight and said that heating system suddenly stopped working… My team disputed the holiday and day-off came to the job site on January, 1st at 10 am and fixed the problem. So, kids were able to stay in a heated rooms the next morning.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Check reviews and pictures from the job.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
All situations are different, yet generic questions are always the same: “How much?”, “How long?”, “How urgent?/When we can start?”
How HANDYKITH works
My name is Alex. I’m a General Manager of Handykith
My name is Tim. I’m a customer success specialist
My name is Alex, and I’m a professional TV installation and furniture assembly expert.
My name is Mike. I can troubleshoot any electrical related issues.
Clients Love Working With HandyKith
“Very good, professional service and friendly working progress, thanks Tim! He fixed an replaced the burst electricity outlet at my studio in less than one hour!”
“I hired this company for a project. Guys showed up on time, did an amazing job, I would definitely recommend them!”
“Alex assembled a loft bed with desk and 6 drawer dresser for me. He worked nonstop until the entire job was finished.”
“Handy Kith did a very good job. He was timely and worked efficiently. He took care of everything fast. I would use him again.”
“Alex was punctual, pleasant and helpful. He put together my dresser and then he put the tv on it, which he did not have to do. I would use them again.”
“Arrived early! Extremely professional, helpful, friendly and efficient. I would consider for any of my needs or my family. Thank you!”
Whether you’re looking to make a major renovation
to your home or you’ve accumulated a list of small
repair projects, HandyKith can help.
Furniture Assembly FAQ
Directions for assembling a new piece of furniture can be confusing and the assemblies themselves can be involved and time consuming. Below a simple guide to help you out.
Do IKEA couches come assembled?
Partially. That means you need to perform some of the work yourself or ask us for professional IKEA furniture assembly NYC and NJ homeowners prefer. If you’re worried about fitting the sofa in an elevator or through a doorframe, make sure you check the measurements on IKEA’s website.
Can you pay to have IKEA furniture assembled?
Not from IKEA, as they don’t offer the service, but you can give us a call for quick, worry-free IKEA furniture assembly Long Island and Brooklyn residents trust.
What are the major mistakes a person who’s just bought a piece of IKEA furniture and is about to try to assemble it can make?
Most people tend to overestimate their abilities to assemble furniture properly, particularly when it entails heavy-lifting. People often also overestimate the time required. In fact, an experience handyman furniture assembly service can get typically get the job done much faster. For most people, on the other hand, the trial and error process can drag on for hours or, in some disastrous cases, weeks!
Even more catastrophic is the all-too-frequent damaging of furniture that results when an inexperienced person attempts the assembly. It’s heartbreaking so see a scratch or dent on your shiny new closet on the very same day you bought it, but it happens a lot.
If you really feel up to the challenge, consider these tips from our furniture assembly Brooklyn company:
- Always assemble furniture where you’re going to keep it – Else you could face the spirit-breaking realization that your perfectly-assembled new bed doesn’t fit through your bedroom door.
- Don’t throw away the back panel – It’s there for a reason: that panel gives your bookshelf, cabinet, or wardrobe important structural strength. It also stops everything from falling down the back every time you retrieve an item.
- Use a large rubber mallet instead of a hammer – Wooden dowels, common in IKEA furniture, typically need a good pounding to set them in place. A metal hammer risks damage to the pre-made holes, which can compromise the integrity of the final structure. Also, it’s going to cause a lot more damage if you misplace a hit.
- Read the instructions fully before starting, and count your pieces – If something happens to be missing, contact IKEA. Having a full picture of the construction beforehand can help you make vital mistakes or fail to notice the sometimes subtle, yet often significant differences between certain pieces.
Contacting us for furniture assembly NYC and NJ residents have used for years can be much, much easier than attempting the assembly yourself. Why allow your new IKEA or Wayfair furniture to be a source of stress for you and your family? Using our IKEA furniture assembly service, HandyKith can install any type of furniture you need in Manhattan, New York, and beyond. Call us today!