Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, country of residence, security questions and answers, and other information that may be present on a document when you or an organization you request submits documentation to our Services; and
- information about your internet connection, such as your IP address and location data, the equipment you use to access our Website (operating system, mobile device type, and/or browser type), and Website usage details.
Information You and Third-Parties Provide to Us
- forms that you fill out on our Website, use Handy Kith, LLC Website tools, register for a Handy Kith, LLC event, or use other online services;
- documents that you send us related to the Services you requested;
- information provided by third parties that you list on your application and authorize to provide information to us;
- records and copies of your correspondence to us or that are submitted to us on your behalf by third parties or third party agencies;
- your responses to surveys or participation in focus groups or user testing studies that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- details of the Services you order from us (including on or through our Website) and when we fulfill the Services you request from us, including financial information required to place an order for Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- details of your visits to our Website, specifically usage data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and an internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. We only place cookies on your hard drive with your consent. You may refuse to accept browser Cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or in your mobile operating system. If you select this setting, however, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website, including as it relates to logging on to your account for a credential evaluation. You can find more information about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and https://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Handy Kith, LLC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and application statistics (recording the popularity of certain website and application content and verifying system and server integrity).
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to facilitate communication between Handy Kith, LLC and you; improve our Website by reviewing how you use them and issues you may encounter with them; improve our products and services by analyzing statistical trends about you and other users; promote our business by using your email or other contact information to contact you; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property by logging your IP address for intrusion detection purposes; detect and prevent fraud and other crime, and perform risk assessments. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you reside in Canada, we process your Personal Data only pursuant to the consent provided above, except for uses to safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property and to detect and prevent fraud and other crimes.
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You under a Contract. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our Contract with you to deliver our Services. If you reside in Canada, we access, use, or disclose your Personal Data only pursuant to the consent provided above.
Sensitive Personal Data Processing
Automated Decision Making
How We Use Your Personal Data
- to present our Website and their respective contents to you;
- to provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- to verify the information and credentials submitted;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to compile research information;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Specifically, these entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, courier services, and mailing services;
- to licensing organizations and applicable authorities that have issued you a license or that may have information about you, and their third-party service providers;
- in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Handy Kith, LLC’s assets, in which Personal Data held by Handy Kith, LLC about our customers is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- to fulfill the purpose you requested;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety, or reputation of Handy Kith, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
- Targeted Advertising and Promotional Offers from Handy Kith, LLC. We will only use your Personal Data to promote our own products and services and with your consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you can adjust your user preferences on any promotional email that we send you or send us a return email informing us of your preferences. You can also communicate with us through our Contact page. This opt-out choice does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of our performance of Services you request, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Your Rights Regarding Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
- Access and Update. You can notify us through the Contact page of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. Please note that if you request access to your Personal Data other than through our Website, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing, but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide Handy Kith, LLC is processed based on your consent, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible. Note that we are unable to return any documentation that you provide to us in physical format.
- Withdrawal of Consent. For users of our Website and marketing tools, to the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based only on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Right to be Forgotten. For users of our Website and marketing tools, you have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. If you have opened an account and applied for our services, you have the right to cancel your file (cancellation fees apply).
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. Before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through the Contact Information If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States and Other Countries Outside the European Economic Area
Data Retention Policy
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.