Circuit breaker installation is important for keeping your house and family safe from fires, shocks, and more. The services we provide at Handykith as a professional New York City company are essential to ensure you are adequately protected. We can evaluate your wiring, energy consumption, and the needed protection for your house or building. We install electrical panel boards and complete repair work, so contact us today to submit a consultation and make sure your house or building is protected.
When Do You Need to Replace a Circuit Breaker?
Circuit breakers track the currents by detecting excess current and stopping it. If there is too much load on the wiring, it causes a circuit breaker to trip and disconnect from the power supply. Breakers can also trip if there is either broken insulation or a short circuit. Essentially, circuit breakers cut off the current until whatever the problem is safely resolved.
When you think about how much we rely on electricity in your everyday life, it’s easy to understand how important it is to take care of your circuit breaker. This includes knowing when it is time for a circuit breaker replacement. Here are some times where a repair or replacement may be needed:
- Flickering or dimming lights: There may be something wrong with your breaker box if the lights in your home are frequently flickering or dimming. This may be caused by several issues like an overload or damaged wires.
- Abnormal sizzling sounds: If you start hearing electrical sizzling sounds, this may be a sign that you need to replace your circuit breaker.
- Burning smell: A burning smell coming from an electrical panel is a sign that there is overheating from an overload.
- Scorch marks: If you notice scorch marks either around the breaker or your appliances, this is another sign of a faulty breaker that should be addressed immediately.
- Appliance performance: Appliances that are performing poorly is often another indication that you may need to replace or repair your circuit breaker.
- Circuit breaker trips: When circuit breakers short circuit frequently, it may be time for a repair. Have a professional inspect your circuit breaker to determine if the frequent trips are an indication of a bigger problem.
- Breakers may also not reset, which is a signal that a repair or replacement is needed. This occurs when the breaker flips immediately, stays in the middle, or does not move at all from the “off” position. If this is the case, leave it in the “off” position and contact one of our electrical professionals today.
If you start noticing any of the above signs, or have something else abnormal going on with your breaker, contact us at HandyKith today. Luckily, there is no need to panic because our experienced staff will inspect your breaker, install new parts or entire breakers, and make any necessary repairs to get your house or building functioning yet again. When it comes to electrical problems, there is no time to waste. For these types of issues, it is important to consult an electrical professional who is able to properly diagnose the underlying issue and suggest appropriate remedies. By using HandyKith’s services, you can relax knowing that you will avoid future overloads and further problems. Call HandyKith today or visit our website to submit a free consultation form.